Staff Food Handling & Preperation
*Please click here to download this page and print out for your staff notice board*
- Be aware that you are handling food that somebody is going to eat
- Do not squash or damage food when wrapping; presentation when opened is key to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Do not handle food any time; always use the utensils provided.
- Always rotate food in the displays rather than always selecting the freshly cooked products.
- If you have any query over any product on display seek advice from the manager or the cook before serving.
- Always be alert of anything untoward in the display cabinets (dead insect, chipped glass, wire scourer shavings etc).
- You’ll be shown how to prepare food by the manager or head cook and notices will be distributed around the shop to remind you of your responsibilities.
- You must obey the head cooks orders on how to prepare products as it is a vital importance to the business to maintain the same consistent standards.
- Always be aware of anything you are not happy with and notify the manager or head cook before serving product.
- Always keep your products fresh by rotating