Staff Training – Customers
These are simple and basic instructions for all staff
- Always be punctual and prepared for work to start your shift.
- You should always be clean and tidy in your own personal appearance. Make sure you are looking fresh rather than someone who has fallen out of their bed.
- Your uniform should always be immaculately clean as you are handling food
- Staff should look at every customer as if they are a member of their adored family preferably their grandmother or grandchild etc.
- Always be aware that the person you are serving may become confrontational if they feel they have not been served politely or correctly. Speak and treat them with respect.
- The way you serve people should be exactly how you should wish to be served yourself.
- Never touch food with your hands; always use the utensils provided.
- Jewellery should be kept at a minimum on hands and no hanging chains around the neck in case they fall into food.
- Hair should be tied back under a hairnet or cap/hat.
- Heels are not recommended as slipping could not only injure yourself but colleagues who are handling hot food. Non-slip flat shoes are recommended for this type of business.
- Any spillages should be wiped up immediately to prevent accidents. When spillages have been dealt with hands should be washed thoroughly before returning to the counter/work station.
- It is always a good idea serving younger children to check change with a colleague before giving it to a child.
- Keep your work area clean at all times.
- As stipulated by Environmental Health nail varnish should not be worn unless disposable gloves are worn.
- You are the customers first point of contact
- Know your products- ask if unsure
- Work diligently and to your full capacity, if you’ve got time to lean, you’ve got time to clean